This event is sold out!
Join Rod Roddenberry and Roddenberry Adventures in the Autodesk Gallery in San Francisco for April’s Design Night: Dive Deep to learn how technology is helping us better understand oceans.
- Hear talks from from Dr. Sylvia Earle, marine biologist, author, National Geographic Explorer, TED Prize winner; Dr. Lesley Ewing, California Coastal Commission senior coastal engineer and leading expert in global sea level rise; and Erika Bergman, manned submersible pilot, founder of Girls Exploration & Engineering Camps and National Geographic Young Explorer
- Interact with sea life and underwater robots
- Make saltwater taffy
- Get your freak on with DJ Frenchy Le Freak!
- Open bar and food
Talks from marine biologist Dr. Sylvia Earle, global sea level rise expert Dr. Lesley Ewing and submersible pilot Erika Bergman
Date: Thursday, April 2, 2015
Theme: Deep Dive: Learn how technology is helping us better understand oceans
Time: 6:00pm – 10:00pm (PDT)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Dresscode: Business Attire
Cost: Free (we have a limited amount of reserved tickets for Roddenberry Adventures members)
Note: This event is full
Design shapes the world
from the buildings we live and work in to the machines that propel us forward to the products that enrich our lives. Autodesk takes a theme (both new and unexpected) and explores how tech is transforming that industry. Deep Dive will help us learn more about how our lives are connected to the ocean. Come join us to learn more about how our lives are connected to the ocean!
- Water covers 70 percent of the earth’s surface—97 percent unexplored. While hundreds have ventured into space, only three people have reached the lowest point on the planet, the ocean floor, 7 miles below the surface.
- Ocean plants produce half of the world’s oxygen and absorb nearly one-third of our carbon dioxide emissions.
- Ingredients in our shampoos, cosmetic, and medicines come from our ocean. One in six jobs in the United States is marine-related and more than $128 billion in GDP annually results from ocean tourism and recreation.
- Yealthy marine habitats protect coastal communities from hurricanes and storm surges.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Autodesk Design Night” in the subject. Well look forward to seeing you there!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & EVENT REQUIREMENTS
- You must reserve your tickets in the next 24-48 hours for this event. Sign up below!
- All participants must be Roddenberry Adventures members
- We have a limited number of tickets for Roddenberry Adventures members. Book now!
- If your plans change and you are no longer able to attend, let us know as soon as possible to include members on the event wait list
PARKING & DIRECTIONS:
Located near the San Francisco Ferry Building and one block from the Embarcadero Station for BART and Muni, the Autodesk Gallery is easily accessible by public transportation.
One Market, Floor 2
San Francisco, CA 94105
Click here for directions.
Please note: All participants must be Roddenberry Adventures members to register for this event. If you are already a member, please log-in to your membership account to register for this event. Email us at email@example.com if you need us to send your User Name for your account.
If you are not a Roddenberry Adventures Member, click here to sign-up now for special discounts, unique experiences, information about upcoming events, updates on our conservation and philanthropic efforts, and to register for our adventures. Membership is FREE! Join us as we boldly go…